Introducing First Security Services, providing Sacramento with security guards for over 4 decades and counting!
In hiring a security company, you not only want a company that can provide well-trained guards and a variety of security services, but you also want a company that has a thorough understanding of the culture and needs of the city, as that has proven to lead to better protection.
First Security Services provides security in Sacramento that is immensely valuable and affordable, especially when you consider what you receive in return.
If you’re in need of Sacramento security guards, First Security offers the following services:
Vehicle Patrol Services:
We operate one of the largest private patrol operations in Sacramento. First Security’s expert management team will work with you to assess your patrol needs and provide their professional opinions, making sure to meet your budget while not sacrificing on the quality of security.
Sacramento Security Officers:
First Security provides Sacramento security guards that are the finest in the area. All of our guards are extensively trained and are continually working to upgrade and refine their skills. No one at First Security gets complacent!
General Overview of Sacramento, California
Sacramento is one of the most important cities in the entire State of California. As the county seat of Sacramento County, it also happens to be the state capital. A city with an extremely rich history, it’s located right in the norther section of Central Valley. More specifically, it’s present right where the American River and the Sacramento River meet.
There is a deep-water port located in Sacramento that is connected directly to the San Francisco Bay. It’s connected through the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, and connects the city to lucrative shipping routes. It’s no surprise that Sacramento is the main shipping and rail center of the Sacramento Valley, with food processing being one of its main industries.
The population of Sacramento is currently estimated as being 485,199, though this not official. In the 2010 official United States Census, its population was 466,488, an increase from 2000, in which it was 407,018.
Its total area is quite large, as it’s 100.105 square miles, giving it a population density of 4,700 people per square mile. This is actually a low population density for a large city such as Sacramento.
The median age of the population is 33.0 years. This is right around the state average, as the State of California has a median age of 33.3 years and the United States has a median age of 37.2 years.
Sacramento cannot be described as being either a young city or an old city, since its median age places it right in the middle.
34.1% of the population is at least 45 years old.
There are four main neighborhood areas that Sacramento is broken down into, which are the following:
- Area One (Central/Eastern part of the city) – It includes Boulevard Park, Sacramento State, Downtown, East Sacramento, Midtown, New Era Park, Old Sacramento, Sierra Oaks, and Southside Park.
- Area Two (Southwestern part of the city) – It includes Greenhaven, Land Park, Meadowview, Pocket, Sacramento City College, and South Land Park.
- Area Three (Southeastern part of the city) – It includes Colonial Heights, Colonial Village, Curtis Park, Elmhurst, Industrial Park, Fruitridge Manor, Glen Elder, Granite Regional Park, Southeast Village, and North City Farms.
- Area Four (North of the American River) – It includes North Sacramento, Robla, Valley View Acres, Del Paso Heights, and Ben Ali.
The history of Sacramento can be traced back to 1808, in which Gabriel Moraga, a Spanish explorer, discovered and subsequently named both the Sacramento River and the Sacramento Valley.
In 1839, John Sutter arrived in the area, having held a Mexican land grant of a massive 50,000 acres. He established Sutter’s Fort quite quickly, and within under a decade’s time, the area expanded significantly and drew in wealth. In 1847, he planted 2,000 fruit trees, thus beginning the thriving agricultural industry in Sacramento Valley. And, of course, the Gold Rush that started in 1848 brought a large influx of people into the area.
Sacramento officially adopted their city charter in 1849, but it wasn’t recognized by the state legislature until 1850. It holds the distinction of being the oldest incorporated city in the State of California, in which it was incorporated o February 27th, 1850.
The City of Sacramento was named as the permanent state capital of California in the 1879 Constitutional Convention.
Continuing to expand throughout the rest of the 19th and 20th centuries, especially with the merger in 1864 with the City of North Sacramento, Sacramento is lauded for the diversity of its population. Time magazine even named Sacramento as at the top of the list of integrated and diverse cities in the entire United States.
Sacramento, while it may be the state capital, has a below average median household income of only $48,034. However, while it is below average, it is a sizable jump from 2000, in which the median household income in the city was $37,049.
In comparison, the State of California’s median household income is $58,328 and the national median household income of $53,046. The City of Sacramento’s median household income is almost $10,000 below the state average. In spite of this, one thing to keep in mind is that Sacramento is much more affordable, especially in reference to the median priced home, than other major cities in California such as San Francisco and Los Angeles.
While Sacramento is lauded for its diversity, unfortunately, it has a torrid crime rate. Its crime rate index is only 9, which means that it’s safer than just 9% of the cities in the United States.
There is a 1 in 150 chance of being a victim of a violent crime in Sacramento and a 1 in 24 chance of being a victim of a property crime. To show just how high these crime rates are, respectively, consider that the State of California, on average, has a 1 in 249 chance of being a victim of a violent crime and a 1 in 38 chance of being a victim of a property crime.
In 2014, there was renewed hope that the violent crime rate in Sacramento was finally being sufficiently addressed, as homicides reached an historic low. These hopes have been dashed in 2015, as the first five months of the year have seen a 25% jump in assaults and robberies so far according to the Sacramento Police Department.
Sacramento also has 229 crimes per square mile, while state median is 89 and the national median is 37.9.
First Security understands the security needs of Sacramento and Sacramento County in general and will be able to provide the very best in security services.
Sacramento Residential, Retail, and Personal Security Services
First Security can help protect those in Sacramento by providing the following specific security services:
- Residential Security: Sacramento is a city that is comprised of many diverse neighborhoods. Its residents have a below average median household income and the crime rates are quite high. But, just like with any large urban city, especially one that is spread out like Sacramento, certain areas are far worse than others. Some of the more dangerous areas in Sacramento, at least from a crime rate perspective, are Central District, Del Paso Heights, North Highlands, and the South Sacramento area. In South Sacramento, some of the areas to avoid at night are in or around Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Fruitridge Road, Mack Road, Meadowview Road, and Franklin Boulevard. It’s important the the residents in Sacramento have the necessary security precautions in place in order to protect their homes. First Security Services not only provides residential security patrol services, but also can help to install advanced alarm systems.
- Food & Beverage Security: The diversity of the residents of Sacramento has meant an equally-diverse selection of food and beverage locations. There are a host of restaurants, cafes, bars, and nightclubs throughout the entire city, no matter one’s budget. First Security Services can make sure that each and every place is provided with adequate security protection. Security guards can be present during opening hours, especially during busy time periods during the evenings and on weekends, and alarm systems can also be installed.
- Landmarks / Points of Interest Security: There are many things to do in Sacramento, whether you’re a tourist or a resident. Sutter’s Fort, the Sacramento Zoo, the California State Railroad Museum, and the Sacramento History Museum are all quite popular. There’s also the Certified Farmers’ Market and the host of parks that are scattered throughout the city. First Security Services, of course, can make sure that every area is protected.
Sacramento Institutional and Corporate Security Services
Sacramento’s economy today is growing in its diversity. While agriculture and mining once reigned supreme, information technology, hospitality, health services, and construction have taken over. Still, though, the two largest sectors of employment in Sacramento and the entire area are government and transportation.
Hiring First Security would be the smart choice for a variety of the major companies and institutions in the area. Some of these include:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Sutter Health
- UC Davis Health System
- Dignity Health / Catholic Healthcare West
By hiring First Security, companies, organizations, and institutions, both of the private and public variety, will be able to ensure that they’re provided professional protection in regards to:
- Employee Safety
- Customer Safety
- Violent Crimes
Residents in Sacramento should consider hiring First Security patrol services to make sure that their community and their homes always remain safe. In addition, a great service, especially given how small Sacramento is, would be to install alarm systems through First Security. By installing the alarm systems, you will have 24/7 monitoring and will have the authorities at your doorstep as fast as possible should any break-ins occur!
What makes First Security stand out is that every single First Security officer has been trained extensively on weaponry, restraining strategies, and combat PLUS the ability to peacefully resolve situations. First Security works with each and every company to find out their particular security needs and what they expect the service to entail, even as it pertains to the behavior of the First Security officers.
Contact Us Today!
First Security has been serving Sacramento County for over 40 years, developing long-standing relationships with residents and businesses by providing service that exemplifies the qualities of professionalism and efficiency. For your Sacramento security guard needs, please don’t hesitate to fill out the form on the First Security homepage to get your free service quote today!